Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Disable EA3 deprecated message from resellers?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by MarceloKonrath, Nov 14, 2018.

1. MarceloKonrath

MarceloKonrath Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

I wish to disable this warning message for my reseller side.

How do I do ?

I am already receiving tickets with doubts about this message and I do not think the reseller needs to see this. It generates confusion and unnecessary doubts.

Thank you
    Marcelo

------------------------------

"We will deprecate EasyApache 3 on December 31, 2018. After that date, we will no longer update EasyApache 3. In cPanel & WHM version 78, we will remove support for EasyApache 3.

If you do not upgrade to EasyApache 4, you cannot upgrade to cPanel and WHM version 78. For more information, read our EasyApache 4 documentation."

------------------------------

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @MarceloKonrath

The EA3 deprecation notice in WHM is not removable unless the server is upgraded to EA4. The message is extremely important since you will no longer be able to update your software past v76. Is there something specific holding you back from migrating to EA4?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Khoa nguyen

Khoa nguyen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I see a notice in WHM
    We will deprecate EasyApache 3 on December 31, 2018. After that date, we will no longer update EasyApache 3. In cPanel & WHM version 78, we will remove support for EasyApache 3.

If you do not upgrade to EasyApache 4, you cannot upgrade to cPanel and WHM version 78. For more information

Question: I want use EA 3 for my WHM, because my VPS is small, i don't want to update. My - Removed -

Attached Files:

#3 Khoa nguyen, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2019
  4. ES - George

ES - George Well-Known Member PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    cPanel do not force their customers to update.

You could stay with EasyApache 3, but that means you'll never be able to update to a major cPanel release (i.e. version 78 or above).

I really do not suggest staying in such a position, since eventually, you won't get cPanel product updates at all (even those which are minor), leaving your server more vulnerable to security issues.

Could you clarify what you mean by your VPS is small? I assume you mean it has limited resources available - if so, what kind of resources does it have available? Are you able to contact your provider for an upgrade?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 ES - George, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    cPanelLauren likes this.