Disable email forwarding?

ebizindia

Oct 13, 2005
Kolkata, India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi

The CPANEL password is somehow getting hacked from a user account on a given domain (example.com) and a scammer is setting forwarders on some key email accounts to leak sensitive info.

Can we disable setting up of forwarders by the cpanel user or the individual users on a single domain?

As I am the root user, I can change file permissions on a given file if you advise me the process.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

You can disable features for a specific account by creating a new feature list, modifying it to disable certain features, and then ensuring that feature list is associated with the package assigned to the account:

Feature Manager - Version 70 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

To prevent a cPanel user from creating forwarders through cPanel, you'd need to disable the following features:

Email Domain Forwarding
Email Filtering Manager
Forwarder Manager

You may also want to consider disabling the Update Notification Preferences feature to prevent the user from updating the account's contact preferences.

Thank you.

KhuyenT

Registered
Apr 21, 2019
Vietnam
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I'm in the similar topic, but a bit different problem. I'm the sole user of cPanel.

I don't want to disable email forwarding, but I want to change the email address to forward to.

I just want to change/delete the old one (a gmail account), and add a new one.

But in my cPanel it said "There are no forwarders configured for the current domain" so I don't know where to delete the gmail account which I've added to forward emails to.

Is there anyone who can help?

Thanks,
Khuyen

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011