Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Disable Exim Reverse DNS check

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mehdix92, Jun 14, 2018.

1. mehdix92

mehdix92 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

So when trying to connect via outlook on SMTP Port 25 no SSL i noticed this :

2018-06-14 15:48:44 SMTP connection from [197.xxx.xxx.xxx]:50459 (TCP/IP connection count = 1)
    2018-06-14 15:48:44 IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    2018-06-14 15:48:44 SMTP connection from ([192.168.1.6]) [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:50459 closed by QUIT

Does the no host name found for IP means that exim is looking for Reverse DNS ?

Otherwise my SMTP on 25 isn't functionning at all.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @mehdix92,

I don't see anything in the log output regarding a failed reverse DNS lookup? Can you post the portion of the log that shows the full error message?

Also, can you provide some more information about how you are reproducing the issue, and let us know of any errors you see in your email client when attempting to send a message?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...