The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable inbound emails except root

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Justin Wanstall, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Justin Wanstall

Justin Wanstall Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have taken the bold step of no longer providing email hosting to our customers.

I have already managed to move most people over to either Google or Microsoft however I would like to make it impossible for people to create mail accounts and continue to use emails on our server and to completely disable inbound mail. Outbound could remain, I can rate limit each account to 1 per hour which makes it fairly unusable.

I have considered turning off the exim ports in the firewall, would this be sensible? What impact would it have? I guess it could interfere with notifications for root?

Also in the package configuration I wanted to stop mailboxes from being created but unfortunately zero means unlimited. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance for any help

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you verify if you want to still allow users to configure email accounts for outgoing purposes? Or, are you attempting to completely disable email on the cPanel server?

Thank you.

3. Justin Wanstall

Justin Wanstall Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ideally I would like to disable users from creating accounts but also block the default account from being used too.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can control the ability to create email accounts by editing the feature list associated with your packages:

Feature Manager - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Note that you will need to delete any email accounts that already exist, as disabling the feature will only prevent the creation of new email accounts.

Thank you.