Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Disable jquery in themes?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Gearjammer, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Jquery in the past had security issues undetected for months and I really dont see the need for throwing another layer at the browser to slow it down. Can you turn it off without ripping apart the internals (reverse engineer the dom)?

Was thinking about using cpanel, and I know past themes were cryptic enough to work on. Jquery is for people who dont bother to learn css or dont like the syntax, in my opinion, another layer to slow you down. Maybe I am better off making something from scratch if I have to decipher that jibberish (jquery is a template file of common css styled condensed and compressed into functions, with no white space in a huge file, for those that don't know).

Maybe if you are a search engine, and want to insert another interperter in the browser like Dr Doom, that makes sense, but otherwise, no?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Gearjammer,

Can you clarify if you are referring to the use of jQuery as part of the Paper Lantern theme utilized with cPanel? Or, is this in reference to a theme utilized by your website or PHP application?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...