The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable password changing...

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jak, May 15, 2004.

1. jak

jak Member

How do i disable my users from changing thier passwords? as the password is used in the forums, billing system, support system, etc and if they change a password in one it dosent take an effect elseware.

is there a way to do this ?

cheers
    Jak

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Rmove the Password Change option from WHM > Feature Manager > Edit Feature List

Also ensure that you have disabled WHM > Tweak Settings > Allow cPanel users to reset their password via email

Having said that, as good security advice and policy you should be encouraging your users to change their passwords on a regular basis (e.g. monthly).

3. jak

jak Member

Thanks ...but...

thanks for the reply but i thouraly agree with the password changing but there is no other way to "Sync" the databases ..becuase the way modernbill (PLEASE SAVE THE FLAMING-AND DO IT SOME WARE ELSE) is set up and Invision it is hard to get all 3 to use the one username and password from the DB....

any ideas though i will more than happily consider...

cheers
    Jak

4. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

The above is a solution for cPanel.

However, passwords and authentication for third party applications that you or your users install (like forums, galleries, etc...) are not connected with whm/cpanel passwords. You would have to figure out how to disable users from changing their passwords within each application.

5. jak

jak Member

agreed....but already done it

agreed but i have already disabled it in my other applications already so its no problem...

cheers
    Jak

6. akashgoel

akashgoel Registered

Jak, how did you use the same password for all 3 programs like Modern Bill and all the others? Is there a way to combine the user database for all 3 somehow? And if so, the password stored for cPanel in the mySQL uses some sort of weird one way hashing, do you know how to duplicate that hashing?

Akash