The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disable RBL checks for a single domain name

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by oscarenzo, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. oscarenzo

oscarenzo Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Begin this post:

is it possible to disable RBL checks for a single domain name ?

I would like to ask if is possible to apply this tutorial to modern cpanel versions, I create the file but when try to edit the deny message in each rbl text-box not let me, it readonly, can somebody help me?

I would like to create a whitelist domains for exclude of rbl checks, thank you very much.

Attached Files:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you verify if you are attempting to exclude local domains from utilizing all RBL checks completed by Exim, or if you are attempting to exclude specific remote hosts from the RBL checks when those hosts send messages to your server?

Thank you.

3. oscarenzo

oscarenzo Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you by your reply, I have this situation:

A server with multiple domain with shared hosting, in the server have configured spamassasin as optional (the user can disable from your cpanel) and RBL list in exim settings, know that by default all the domain are checked in the RBL, i would like create a exception for some domain, for not check by rbl (i mean internal domains, hosted in this server not remote sender domain.)

By example:

doma.com
    domb.net
    domc.org

This domains is hosted in the server, in this case the exception should be applied to doma.com, then when receive emails, for the inboxes of the "doma.com", not will be checked in the rbl and as default for 'domb.net' and "domc.org" yes.

thank you

PD: Doubt, if the user disable spamassassin from your cpanel, disable also rbl check?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Per our documentation, to skip RBLs for specific domains, log in as the root user and use your preferred text editor to create and edit the /etc/skiprbldomains file. Add the domains to the file, with one domain name per line. After you create the /etc/skiprbldomains file, run the following command to ensure it's enabled:

Code:
    /scripts/buildeximconf
    The corresponding entry will then show up in the /etc/exim.conf file:

Code:
    # grep skiprbldomains /etc/exim.conf
    domainlist skip_rbl_domains = lsearch;/etc/skiprbldomains
    Thank you.