The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable Server Status from cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cygnus_X1, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Active Member

Hi gang! Another day, another little question :D

Anyone know how to disable the Server Status section of cPanel so customers CANNOT see the status of server items, but leave the Service Status enabled in WHM?

Ideas?

Thanks for your help and suggestions :D

2. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

I dont think it's in feature manager so you would have to edit the menu and service status pages in this dir:

/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/theme_name/

Edit the menu file with the link to service status and remove the link.
    Edit the service status page and remove the tag that shows the status.

You might have to chattr +i changed_files.html so they are not replaced when cpanel updates.

3. monoxide

monoxide Member

Yes you can stop customers from seeing the server status, Its in the features list. ( edit the default list ) I can't remember where the users feature list is, buts its in WHM..

I hope that helps :)

4. Cygnus_X1

Cygnus_X1 Active Member

Hi gang!

I've been out of pocket for a little while, and didnt have a chance to get back on this issue....

I went to /usr/loca/cpanel/base/frontend/x/index.html to find the code for editting out the Service Status function. It shows the following code

<tr>
    <td class="index1" width="120" nowrap><cpanel langprint="TServiceStatus"></td>
    <td class="index2"><a href="/serverstatus.html"><cpanel langprint="INDXPerlView"></a></td>
    </tr>

I can edit out <a href="/serverstatus.html"> and it disables the clickable link. However, it still shows the Service Status section and "Click to View". My coding is kinda weak, but I'm pretty sure TServiceStatus and INDXPerlView have something to do with it. I just dont know which file to go edit that contains that values that index.html is pulling from?

In the example above <cpanel langprint="TServiceStatus"> does "cpanel" reference a certain module or include I have to edit? Its a little advanced for my beginner html skillz :-(

Any help you guys could provide would be appreciated.