Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Disable SSL Notifications in cPanel 70?

Discussion in 'Security' started by sys_alex, May 9, 2018.

1. sys_alex

sys_alex Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Greetings,

with this new cpanel version an old problem is relevant again. There are new AutoSSL notifications enabled by default that i don't want functional.

In another thread this command disabled all notifications before:

whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata metadata_json='{"clobber_externally_signed":1,"notify_autossl_expiry_coverage":0,"notify_autossl_renewal_coverage":0,"notify_autossl_renewal":0}'

Can you please give us an updated version to this so we can disable again all notifications?

Thank you

rarod likes this.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @sys_alex,

You can actually disable the notifications directly from Web Host Manager in cPanel & WHM version 70. Here's the pertinent section from the cPanel & WHM version 70 Release Notes:

Can you confirm if this helps?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sys_alex

sys_alex Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would like a way to do this using whmapi1 so i can automate the process in more than 1 server.

sparek-3 likes this.
  4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @sys_alex,

I recommend using the set_autossl_metadata_key WHM API 1 function instead of whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata to avoid the need to use JSON in the command. Here's a link to our documentation on this WHM API 1 function:

WHM API 1 Functions - set_autossl_metadata_key - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Here's an example of the command you would use to disable all notifications found under "WHM >> Manage AutoSSL >> Options":

Code:
    whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata_key key=notify_autossl_expiry value=0 ; whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata_key key=notify_autossl_expiry_coverage value=0 ; whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata_key key=notify_autossl_renewal value=0 ; whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata_key key=notify_autossl_renewal_coverage value=0 ; whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata_key key=notify_autossl_renewal_coverage_reduced value=0 ; whmapi1 set_autossl_metadata_key key=notify_autossl_renewal_uncovered_domains value=0
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sys_alex likes this.
  5. sys_alex

sys_alex Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is a great solution! It worked wonderfully. You should create a sticky with you last answer, since this may become a problem when more people get version 70.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @sys_alex,

I'm glad to see it worked well. I've included that information in a response on this thread since it's already pinned to the top of the General Discussion category and includes previous discussion on this topic.

Thanks!