The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disable Sub-Domain Log Files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to disable log files from being created for sub-domains? I purchased a pack of licenses from Urchin and it counts each sub-domain as part of the 100 licenses so if four clients made 25 subdomains each, it would take up all 100 licenses I received from Urchin ($900).

Is there anyway to do this? If not, I thought about running urchin in a directory where cPanel wouldn't pick it up but then I would need to somehow sync the urchin username/password with the accounts main login/password and associate the login with that domain's stats.

It seems like it would be a lot easier if I could just disable the log files for sub-domains in the /usr/local/apache/domlogs directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

Couldn't you disable the subdomain logs by removing the CustomLog and BytesLog for the subdomains in httpd.conf?

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I have to add a couple hundred accounts so it would take a long time to go into the httpd.conf and remove all of the entries. I'd also just like to not have to worry about going in and removing them each time a new account is created.

4. goodmove

goodmove Well-Known Member

Just a couple of quick ideas. The 1st issue could be handled with a perl string replace using regex (would only take a few seconds). The 2nd could be handled by modifying the subdomain setup script and removing the log lines from the script (if available for editing).

I am not sure if there's an easier way to do this...

5. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately cPanel set up support for Urchin assuming everyone who was using this was hosting at Rackshack who gives unlimited licenses. I will not use Rackshack and have to buy the license packs ($600/per 100) so it will get very expensive if the sub-domain logs were enabled.