Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Disable the open_basedir without WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spyworld, Aug 25, 2008.

1. spyworld

spyworld Registered

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/games/public_html/hahaha/hotmaillib.php on line 43

My safe_mode already off using the .htaccess and open_basedir unable the disable.

Many people using the WHM to disable/enable open_basedir but I'm using the share web hosting package. Of course can't access the WHM. What can i do now?

2. MaestriaNick

MaestriaNick Well-Known Member

open_basedir can not be disable / enable using .htaccess. You can set it only using php.ini or httpd.conf

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spyworld

spyworld Registered

May i disable the open_basedir using the php scripts? I just need to disable the open_basedir for the scripts only.

4. yolau

yolau Active Member

open_basedir can be disabled only by your provider.
    You as a simple shared hosting user can't do it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...