The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabled cPanel Notification still delivered

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swbrains, May 21, 2017.

1. swbrains

swbrains Well-Known Member

I have disabled the notification for account upgrade/downgrade in WHM. But when I upgrade or downgrade an account, I get an email from the server that includes the following message:

“Account Upgrades/Downgrades” notifications are currently configured to have an importance of “Disabled”. You can change the importance or disable this type of notification in WHM’s Contact Manager at: https://xxxxxxx.com:2087/scripts2/editcontact?event=upacct

It seems odd that the server would send a notification and then tell me in that notification that it is currently set to "Disabled". :)

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't think that setting the Importance to 'Disabled' would stop the notification actions

Have you tried checking the box at the start of the Alert Type that you want to disable - it should display 4 new options under the search box on the page - Disabled/Low/Medium/High - if you then click on the Disabled option - all the Alert List Icons should disappear for that Alert Type, and be replaced with the word None - and that should stop any Mails being sent out.

I have to agree with you that it is certainly unintuitive to set an alert to 'Disabled' Importance, and then have it sent out !!

#2 rpvw, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
  3. swbrains

Thanks for your reply. The checkbox before the alert causes the 4 options to appear at the top of the list, but I believe that's just used for setting of multiple items in one step. It doesn't seem to be different than the 4 choices that already appear in the pulldown list in the Importance column for that item. Regardless, it seems my options were already set properly for this notification, as it is listed as Disabled and the word None is already displayed after it. Attached is a screenshot of this setting which appears to be as you described, although it was already set this way so I'm not sure why I'm receiving this notification:
    screencapture_000049.png

4. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Those settings certainly reflect what I would expect them to be - if cPanel is not respecting them, you may have discovered a bug.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on a test system. Could you verify which version of cPanel is installed on the affected system? You can check with the following command:

Code:
    cat /usr/local/cpanel/verison
    Thank you.

6. swbrains

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Here is the version info from the server:

# cat /usr/local/cpanel/version

7. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system?

Thank you.