The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling Addon/Parked Domains?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway that I can just disable the addon/parked domain features in cPanel so customers have to manually order these? If so, is there a place where I can go to set up the parked/addon domains to their account in the backend without the customer seeing this section?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. MySundown

MySundown Well-Known Member

Set the limit to 0 in their package, and remove it from the feature manager.

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

If a customer ordered a domain add on, how could i go and set it up on their account? Is there another place to do this besides in the client's control panel?

4. MySundown

MySundown Well-Known Member

Yeah, just go to "Park or point a domain" in WHM under DNS, or just modify that user's account.

5. casey

casey Well-Known Member

There is a place in WHM for the parked domains, but I don't see one for addon domains. I would like to be able to do addons myself. As it is now, I just deleted the link in the customers' control panel but kept the file, so that I can do the addon domains but they can't. If there is a way to do addon domains from WHM, I would like to hear it...

I know it's silly, but the only reason I removed it from the control panel is because I don't want to have to answer support requests about the difference between parked and addon domains. Customers that do know can just e-mail me. Most of my customers are beginners, however, and will never be able to understand the difference.

6. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I was wanting to disable it because I'm using an external DNS service so if the customers added new domains they would never point to their site because they wouldn't get added to DNS. If I just do this manually, then I can go in and add them to their account and to the DNS.