Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Disabling "auto-bounce-to-website-owner-email-address" in Exim?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Sovjohn, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Sovjohn

Sovjohn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello there,

now, I am not sure how to disable that feature, that's why I ask here.

The feature is:

If I have a certain website on the server, witth let's say its owner having the username "owner", and the site contains an email like "someemail@website.com", all is well.

If for some reason I am forced to remove the email address "someemail@website.com" or delete the relevant redirector, ALL emails end up bouncing at "owner" email account.

I DONT want this to happen anymore. I just want whoever emails someone on server, and his address is inexistant, or something of the sort, to get a message of the type "Mail delivery failed: Returning message to sender" et al.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Sovjohn, Apr 27, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Check the setting for the Default Address. If you set this to :blackhole: any emails not sent to a valid POP3 account or alias will be silently deleted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sovjohn

Sovjohn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Say, thanks!

I found out that I can also use " :fail: no such address here " in order to bounce the mail!

Problem solved then...