The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling "Email Delivery Route" Feature in cPanel Main

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by quizas, Mar 10, 2011.

1. quizas

quizas Registered

Hi, all,

I'm currently administering a cPanel handful of admin accounts that are each shared by several people, and for people-proofing purposes, I was wondering if it would be at all possible to disable the Email Delivery Route feature (or, at the very least, remove the 'Mail' category from the main page)?

2. acenetryan

acenetryan Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

3. acenetryan

acenetryan Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Got a response, verified it works:

4. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

Thanks rking for the info.
    I can confirm that this is still an unsolved issue and that the workaround mentioned above works fine.
    Unfortunately the setting "deliveryreport=0" is deleted when you make any change to the actual feature list using the feature manager in WHM, so you need to add it to the file again.
    Hoping for cPanel to fix the error soon.

Any idea how to disable the legacy file manager while keeping the file manager active?

#4 kjg, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  5. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

Adding the info I wrote in another thread regarding getting rid of icons in cpanel, also to this thread:

I am not sure how good it is for updates, but I think it would be no problems unless cpanel changes the logics for including icons and groups or adds a file with the exact same name.

In order to get rid of icons (if you use x3):
    1) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/dynamicui/ create a new file called remove_items_dynamicui.conf
    (the name of the file can actually be whatever as long as it includes dynamicui and is a .conf file, ex abc_dynamicui_xyz.conf)

2) enter one line for each item you do not want to show. For hiding mysql-remoteaccess, emailroute and legacy file manager, the following needs to be added:

file=>mysql-remoteaccess,skipobj=>1
    file=>emailroute,skipobj=>1
    file=>legacy_filemanager,skipobj=>1

You can find all file names to use for each icon in /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/dynamicui.conf

That's all.

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As I mentioned on the other thread where this information was posted, this is great information but it only hides the icon without removing the actual interface from being accessible:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/abili...-cpanel-case-10474-a-82145-p2.html#post907711

In the instance of the Email Delivery Route page, it might not be a big deal that it could still be accessed by someone who knows the actual direct url. It would be a big deal for the cPanel > Remote MySQL area to be visible still via the direct url, since a customer could still add remote MySQL access hosts there.

7. kjg

kjg Well-Known Member

As I mentioned, this is a way to handle the issue during the time it takes for cPanel to solve this in the more accurate way. When searching for a solution I found the first tickets regarding this from summer 2009, so it seems to be not so easy to solve it in the correct way. While waiting, this might be of some help.

Also, if you have CSF (or similar) installed on the server, customers adding a remote mysql host via the actual direct url will not be a real issue, since it will not work until the port is opened in CSF.

Hiding the icon will get rid of most support questions from clients regarding this for many of us on the servers where we do not allow remote mysql access. Just having the icon visible generates questions from a number of customers, including from those who have no idea what it is. Take my word for it :)

edit: cPanelTristan, I did not see your comment on the other thread before posting this. I agreee 100% that moving the pages should also be done. Thank you for that info.

#7 kjg, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011