The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling local mail routing, other custom configs

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by meeven, Aug 31, 2007.

1. meeven

meeven Well-Known Member

May 8, 2007
    I have a VPS running WHM/cpanel and would appreciate some assistance in configuring Exim for the following situations:

1.) For some of my domains, I use a mail filtering service from Basically, all incoming email is filtered by their Perimeter Security solution and only then reaches this vps.

The problem is that, when a user from a particular domain hosted on the VPS sends email to another user also on that domain, the receiving user's email is not filtered by the MXLogic service but is delivered locally. As a result, internal users on the same domain are able to bypass the email security settings when they email each other- for example, a user might send an infected email and the receiving user's email would never be filtered because the email is delivered locally.

I would like to know how Exim's settings can be changed so that, when users are from the same domain on the VPS, the mail is not delivered locally, but goes through the MXLogic service. In other words, it should act just like a mail sent to a recipient on an external domain.

2.) The MXLogic service also recommends locking down the mail servers for each domain so that spammers may not bypass the filtering service by directly connecting to, say, etc.

For this, they suggest the following:

My question- How do I lock down **only** the domains using the filtering service?