The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling specific MailMan lists

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rodesignweb, Sep 23, 2009.

1. rodesignweb

rodesignweb Member

Hello,

Let's suppose that I have a customer that has 5 mailing lists. My question is how can I disable one of his mailing lists?

Setting the ownership to root and the permission to 000 on /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/name_domain.com would be enough?

Regards,
    Dragos Fedorovici

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

MailMan Lists

Hello,

I do see what you are trying to do. I would definitely stay away from setting anything in mailman to 000, because that may cause more problems that its worth. You other options are fairly basic, you could simply delete (or move) the mailing lists, and educate user. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. rodesignweb

rodesignweb Member

To educate the user may be indeed a problem :)
    Removing the mailing list can't be an option currently, because I notify the user of the issue and let him know what he must to in order to prevent this from happening.
    As for moving the mailing list, what would be your suggestion? Should I rename the mailing list?

mv /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/name_domain.com /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/name_domain.com.disabled

in this specific case, when I will re-enable the list (mv /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/name_domain.com.disabled /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/name_domain.com) would this cause any issues between cPanel and the mailing lists?

Regard,
    Dragos