The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling Webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Pan European, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Pan European

Pan European Member

I have unchecked the box in feature manager for webmail thus removing webmail for one of our cpanel packages.

However even though the webmail link disappears it is still possible to click add/remove/manage email accounts link in cpanel and access webmail via this menu.

What is the point in the webmail option in feature manager (WHM) if webmail is still accessible through cpanel.

Is there a fix?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Did you disable the webmail options in WHM > Tweak Settings?

3. Pan European

Pan European Member

Can't do that because I have other hosting packages with webmail

Seems like the feature manager and tweak settings contradict each other. If I turn off webmail in tweak settings then why have the webmail option in feature manager and vica versa.

We have one hosting package with email services (pop3) and one package with email plus webmail services.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bug then - you could check bugzilla and report it if it's not already there. In the meantime you should be able to get around it by copying the theme that you use and then modify the html source and remove the webmail links and use that theme for those you don't want to have access to webmail (though if they know the url that may not help).

5. loren_greenfiel

loren_greenfiel Registered

I've been looking at this recently also and it seems the link, in the X theme anyway is brought in at the same time as the other options associated with each e-mail address such as aging, change quota, outlookexpress auto install, etc. It does it using <cpanel Email="listpopstable($FORM{'extras'})"> on the pops.html page in the mail folder. All instances of webmail are successfully removed except this one.