The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disallowing FTP to certain users (Pure FTP)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scotty_B, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Scotty_B

Scotty_B Active Member

I need to disallow certain users ftp access - I run an ASP type service so certain clients need to access to the files in their account.

I've come across the /etc/ftpusers method, but unfortunatly this only works with pro ftp :(. I'd really rather not have to switch back to pro given it's history of problems, however I really need to block clients from downloading files.

I've done a google search and come up with nothing, any suggestions?

Thanks

2. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

Not entirely related but this gets to another issue in /etc/proftpd directory. See a lot of

username_logs even for acounts which have been terminated ... meaning that account termination has not cleaned up.

Anup

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Certain users that can access Cpanel or not? Can limiting ftp accounts help at all?

4. Scotty_B

Scotty_B Active Member

Basically, I don't mind them accessing cPanel since I've set up features to only allow them access to their email settings and webstats, the rest is all gone.

Just need to lock them out of ftp but the /etc/ftpusers is a proftp thing only.