Disclaimer Msg in every out going mail!!!

kp_dude

Registered
Aug 25, 2005
Hi!!

I dont know if I am posting this in right or wrong place. I would like to know that I am having nearly about 25 domains hosted on my cpanel. Now 1 of my customer asked me that if he can put the disclaimer in all of his outgoing mails for his domain only. He is using Microsoft Outlook as an email client. He doesn't want to put signatures as the users of outlook may delete it by mistake. Can any1 suggest me if its possible or not ?

With Rgrds

KP

radical

Nov 4, 2003
how to do it in mailscanner

hi chirpy

i have your mailscanner install, how do i add the disclaimer text for outgoing mail of particular domainname?

thanks
Sunny

radical

Nov 4, 2003
thanks for the link. i just have one more question - after editing mailscanner.conf, now where do i add the outgoing disclaimer text for that domain, so that all outgoing mails of that domain carry the disclaimer.

thanks
Sunny

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
That's controlled by the MailScanner.conf settings:

Inline HTML Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.html
Inline Text Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.txt

I-Web

Jul 7, 2003
chirpy said:
That's controlled by the MailScanner.conf settings:

Inline HTML Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.html
Inline Text Signature = %report-dir%/inline.sig.txt

Hi Chirpy,

I have your mailscanner installed and now have a client looking to do this too. Is it possible to make it look in a directory in the home directory for the sig.txt file??? instead of 1 global place, obviously different clients will have different disclaimers etc....

Cheers.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Possibly. The main issue is file permissions. What you can do is set those in MailScanner.conf to be a ruleset of config files and have each domain setup as:

You need to ensure that those files are readable by mailnull:mail, which should be the case already for the files there.

I-Web

Jul 7, 2003
HI Chirpy,

Please excuse my ignorance, but i dont understand what you mean....

Ive changed my mailsanner.conf to

Sign Clean Messages = /usr/mailscanner/etc/rules/signature.rules

In the signature.rules file, are you saying i put

????

Do i need to change anything anywhere else?

Cheers....

Last edited:

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
That should be it - I've not tried it out myself. You'd then have to restart MailScanner after making the change to MailScanner.conf. What I'm not sure on is whether MailScanner would need to be reloaded to effect any changes to those actual signature files, which it possibly may do. If so, that could cause difficulties with the idea.