The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk/dev/md2(/var)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by babak_son, Jan 20, 2008.

1. babak_son

babak_son Registered

Hello,would u please keep me informed that how can I decrease the capacity of a disk which is located in this way: Disk/dev/md2(/var) logfile
    I decrease it manually one or two times during the day but after a while it would be increased even upper than 85%, but I'd like to know that why I faced with this problem and how can I solve it once for ever.
    thank u.

2. kkargel

kkargel Active Member

The answer would depend on which file specifically is growing and whether the growth is unreasonable. You could adjust the logfile rotation to archive or remove logfiles based on size, but you should look inside the logfile and see what entries are accumulating as they may indicate another problem that should have some attention.

3. babak_son

babak_son Registered

Hi,Thx for your care & support.would u please keep me informed that how can I adjust the logfile rotation to archive or remove logfiles based on size?thx alot.

4. kkargel

kkargel Active Member

The answer to that would depend on which log rotation utility your system is using.. if you are on a regular cPanel box you are probably using logrotate. There is an example of using size as a rotate trigger at http://www.linuxcommand.org/man_pages/logrotate8.html . That page also give definitions and syntax for many other rotate options you may find useful.