Disk full error msg, but its not full

GoChris

Oct 19, 2003
Cpanel is reporting the disk full error and not allowing people to upload files, etc.

I have 18GB free, 18!

It will not allow operation unless I have like 20+GB free. Theres no reason to waste that much space.

There *needs* to be a setting. As hard drives get bigger, just saying 90% full is not going to cut it. What a waste of space.

How can I fix this right now?

GoChris

Oct 19, 2003
maybe i should rephrase this.

the hard drive, has 18gb free on it. theres one partition, its /

its nothing to do with quotas, its cpanel saying the drive has reached 90% full and im gonna stop functioning. depsite having 18GB+ free.

dazerrackers

Jan 23, 2004
England
What i was trying to say was cPanel sometimes dosen't display the correct quotas and it may think your drives more full up than it actually is.

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
Originally posted by dazerrackers
What i was trying to say was cPanel sometimes dosen't display the correct quotas and it may think your drives more full up than it actually is.
That's true, and another thing I just thought of is, if you ever empty any large log files without restarting apache, they may be read incorrectly. Try running the fixquotas and restarting apache to see if that shows more free space.

If you actually do have less than 10% free space, I would suggest asking cpanel to make it possible to adjust to allow for large drives.

GoChris

Oct 19, 2003
yes its a 200gb drive. so when i hit 18GB free i only have 10% free. so im hitting their silly "cant operate with only 10%"

too bad only 10% is still another 18GB!

PLEASE add the option to change the % or change it from a percentage to a hard value such as xGB free.

PWSowner

Nov 10, 2001
ON, Canada
At the bottom of this page you will see 3 options. A Support Request Form, Feature Request Form, and Bug Report Form. I don't know if it would be more appropriate to use the Feature Request or Bug Report, but just pick one and then wait and see how long it takes for a change.

It is something that needs to be looked into since 18 GB is lots of space. My first server only had 1 20 GB drive.

GoChris

Oct 19, 2003
where is this option? it was supposedly added a while back to edge. I still do not see if and the changelog doesnt say anything else about it besided it adressed that issue.

this is still a problem.