Disk full on OVH when I have nothing in the server and have a VPS of 160GB

ewsg

Aug 26, 2007
Hey guys, someone could help me, please?

I have now a OVH VPS with 160GB of disk space. They don`t help me.

When I run the command df -h , I receive the following, in the terminal:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev
tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 3.8G 8.8M 3.8G 1% /run
tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda1 7.6G 7.2G 39M 100% /
/dev/loop0 477M 2.4M 449M 1% /tmp
tmpfs 764M 0 764M 0% /run/user/0

But, why my main partition sda1 is full? And how to make it taks all the disk space of the VPS?

I have nothing in the server beyond a database of around 120MB. I tried several commands, to delete rests of Cpanel installation, reinstalled the VPS via OVH control panel, but nothing solves nothing. :(

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks in advance.

ewsg

Aug 26, 2007
So, I really don`t know what is happening. I had a VPS at HostGator, and they delivered me the VPS ready to use. Now, on OVH, I have "this". :( Any idea about how to solve that, please?

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
My guess is that when the VPS was provisioned it was from a template. Part of the template should expand the root file system to match what you purchased. That appears to have not happened. Depending on what type of virtualization you "may" be able to expand it (or at least try) but more than likely OVH will have to get involved.

Reactions: cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Also since /home isn't on its own partition (where all your sites are located) it is on the same partition as / and it's nowhere near big enough - I'd suggest discussing with OVH to determine what your options are.

ewsg

Aug 26, 2007
Hey friends, OVH said me that that is really a template error, but that the administrators are looking into the issue, without an ETA, and that I would have to handle it myself. How can I do that, please?

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
If it's a template error they will need to fix it for you. IF you don't have the correct amount of space allocated to the VM you won't be able to manage it on your own.

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Yea, then you need OVH to do it or someone that is familiar with command line Linux.

If it is what I think it is, the underlying volume that contains your file system is the correct size, but the template failed to expand it. If that is the case, then:

Code:
resize2fs /dev/sda1
Will expand the file system to the size of the underlying volume. Either way, this is really an OVH issue that OVH should solve. You purchased one size and they did not deliver that to you.

Reactions: cPanelLauren

ewsg

Aug 26, 2007
Hello,

Thank you very much, guys. :)

I tried the above command, and received the below message:

"The filesystem is already 2047744 blocks long. Nothing to do!"

And if I try to access WHM, the below message is displayed:

"The following disk partition is almost full: /. You must remove unused files in that partition before proceeding."

ewsg

Aug 26, 2007
Hey guys, I got to repartition the disk. Now it display fully 160GB. :)

But, I am receiving, when I access the domain, that page cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I have already created the account on WHM, pointed A entry to the server IP, and when I ping the domain, it is resolving correctly for the server.

I also get to access the Cpanel of this account. Why the above page is being displayed? I have already uploaded my database, and am in the middle of uploading files and folders of my WordPress installation.

The server does not had to displays some other kind of error? A 404, for example?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

thcpanel

Oct 23, 2010
Hey guys, I got to repartition the disk. Now it display fully 160GB. :)

But, I am receiving, when I access the domain, that page cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I have already created the account on WHM, pointed A entry to the server IP, and when I ping the domain, it is resolving correctly for the server.

I also get to access the Cpanel of this account. Why the above page is being displayed? I have already uploaded my database, and am in the middle of uploading files and folders of my WordPress installation.

The server does not had to displays some other kind of error? A 404, for example?

Thanks in advance for your help.

How to resolve this problem? my problem is the same!