Disk quota exceeded-how do i resolve this

charndex

May 11, 2006
Southend-on-Sea
i have been trying to resolve a problem for a customer. they are not recieving any emails. when i tried to troubleshoot this, i had to change the password to the email accounts an cpanel wouldnt let me saying disk quota exceeded. i looked into the account only to find they have used up all their disk space. i have upgraded their account but do not fully understand why its full up.

i dnt knw if this makes sense. i am new to cpanel, the people i am working with have no i dea wats goin on thats why i have turned to this forum. i appreciate any help offered.

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
charndex said:
i have been trying to resolve a problem for a customer. they are not recieving any emails. when i tried to troubleshoot this, i had to change the password to the email accounts an cpanel wouldnt let me saying disk quota exceeded. i looked into the account only to find they have used up all their disk space. i have upgraded their account but do not fully understand why its full up.

i dnt knw if this makes sense. i am new to cpanel, the people i am working with have no i dea wats goin on thats why i have turned to this forum. i appreciate any help offered./QUOTE]If you have root access to the server, run this command to check on the size of files/directories:
du -ach /home/USER/*

Last edited: