Disk quota problem with users on Jailshell

cretu

Jul 21, 2002
Hi There,

Latelly, I am having problems with users reporting disk quota problem. I've run "find" on group and username to see what files they own - system returns only their /home/ files and files from under /virtfs/.

When checking quota with "du -cm" for a user in this home directry - return 172 MB, however system sees this as a double number almost 323 Meg.

Theare no other files owninig by this user. In matter of fact, this happen to two accounts on the same box that had their JailShell anabled.

Please Help.

Cretu

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Curious Too

Aug 31, 2001
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I submitted a ticket regarding this matter a couple of days ago. Someone from cPanel did login to the server but has not been able to fix the problem yet.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 24404

Last edited:

cretu

Jul 21, 2002
Hey,

Let me us know once you receive feedback on your ticket. I am running off ideas and my clients are wondering why cPanel reports so high.

Cretu

isputra

May 3, 2003
Mbelitar
Yes, please give us information about that

desario

Oct 30, 2002
Does this quota problem have anything to do with the fact that a hard link is used to hook up /home/virtfs/username/home/username to /home/username ?

PS. I'm also experiencing the same problem.

wreak

Registered
Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by cretu
Hi There,

Latelly, I am having problems with users reporting disk quota problem. I've run "find" on group and username to see what files they own - system returns only their /home/ files and files from under /virtfs/.

When checking quota with "du -cm" for a user in this home directry - return 172 MB, however system sees this as a double number almost 323 Meg.

Theare no other files owninig by this user. In matter of fact, this happen to two accounts on the same box that had their JailShell anabled.

Please Help.

Cretu

IMHO
May be the problem is in the /etc/fstab file.
Dublicated refer in fstab to quota.user, quota.group files.
repquota uses it twice....

EWD

PartnerNOC
Aug 19, 2003
NY
Anyone have a fix for this??

I am having the same problem.
User has 190 MB but CP shows 385 MB.

Please Help!!!!

EWD

PartnerNOC
Aug 19, 2003
NY
And I just noticed.... this user has shell disabled so I don't hink this problem has anything to do with shell/jailshell

wreak

Registered
Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by EWD
And I just noticed.... this user has shell disabled so I don't hink this problem has anything to do with shell/jailshell
Show to us

repquota -a | grep <username>

output .

This double space quota is only for one user ?
Or for other too ?

comprock

Nov 6, 2003
jailshell & quota

I had a new 100meg account setup and quota showed 113MB used before I even used it. After some searching, I found this forum and ran through the following commands and it brought that nasty 113MB down to the correct 7MB.

# repquota -a
# /scripts/fixquotas
# repquota -a

I'm not sure why my running fixquotas earlier didn't fix it, but combining reqpquota with fixquotas seems to have done the trick.

I have fixquotas as a daily cron, but that hadn't ran yet for the day.

[email protected] [/peachy]# cat /etc/cron.daily/fixquotas
#!/bin/sh

# Update quotas
#
# @author Michael Cannon <[email protected]>
# @version $Id:$

/scripts/fixquotas
[email protected] [/peachy]#

Don't forget 'chmod 755 fixquotas' if using the above in your cron.daily.

Cheers,

Michael