Disk Space Available Resets to Unlimited Space

spoony

Mar 14, 2002
1.) I created a package with lets say 50 MB and then create a domain and put it on that.

2.) When I login to the Cpanel and look at the Disk Space Available it says unlimited when it should say 50 MB.

3.) I am able to log back into the WHM and edit the package without making changes, Just saving the the page.

4.) I then go back to the cpanel and refresh the page and it then displays the correct disk space.

5.) BUT it eventually goes back to unlimited.

Any Ideas?

bert

Aug 21, 2001
There is more than likely a problem with your quotas, try running /scripts/initquotas to see if that help. Some older Linux kernels are known to have issues with quotas.

feanor

Aug 13, 2001
What kernel are you working with exactly?
This is Red 7.+ server install, right?

Also, another script to use in this situation is /scripts/fixquotas - I would cron this, daily, or even twice a day, on the server in question. I *know* Nick is working on a more solid fix for this.... perhaps he has some more details, or he will be in touch soon.

There are a multitude of different environments and potential setups for the quota system on redhat- as I understand it- so it is difficult to have an all-encompassing tie in to the cpanel system.

But they are working on it, I've been told.
Word.
;)

spoony

Mar 14, 2002
Thanks!!!

I ran both the scripts. The fixquotas appears to have resolved the issue. I also setup a cron job as a backup.

It is Redhat 7.2 and there is a updated Kernal. I will update that which to my understanding after some investigation may also be causing part of this problem.

Thanks,
spoon

spoony

Mar 14, 2002
Thanks!!!

I ran both the scripts. The fixquotas appears to have resolved the issue. I also setup a cron job as a backup.

It is Redhat 7.2 and there is a updated Kernal. I will update that which to my understanding after some investigation may also be causing part of this problem.

Thanks,
spoon