The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Space error, suddenly exceeded limit!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenzo20, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Kenzo20

Kenzo20 Registered

Hello all,

I'm Kenzo, new to the Cpanel forums.

The Disk Usage for the site that I'm monitoring suddenly exceeded its limit on cPanel.

I haven't been to cPanel in the past 2 weeks, but when I checked it this afternoon, the Disk Space Usage was 909.75 / 500 MB .

I'm the only person who has access to the cPanel for this specific website, so I thought there's surely a huge error going on?!

When I click on Disk Space Usage, it also says that the usage is 909.75 MB.

HOWEVER, the Disk Usage Summary and Piechart shows that the total directory size (of everything) is 304.63 MB, which is correct.

I checked home/user and public_html, and I can't see any backup files, so that couldn't be the reason.

Attached is the piechart.

Could someone help me identify what is taking up the extra 600 MB?

Thanks in advance,

Kenzo

Attached Files:

2. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Check with your host, perhaps quota's have become corrupt on the system. If not, they would have the tools to track down why your usage is so high.

One thing to note, if you are using MySQL database(s), in the newer version of cPanel, the database space used gets added to your total used space. Again, check with your host though.