Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Space full Error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Frenzio, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Frenzio

Frenzio Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have OVH server and it shows me that The filesystem mounted at /home/ on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

I tried solving it by clearing memory but the memory is getting allocated to /root and not my /home partition.

can somebody please help me with this as soon as possible.

Thankyou

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Your server is running out of disk space and that's why you are getting this error. If you have root access then check disk space status using the bellow command. Login to server through SSH

Code:
    df -h

Code:
    df -i

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. NOC_Serverpoint

NOC_Serverpoint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

You can check your disk space usage through the Shell Command line by typing the following command in your shell client.

df -h

You can free up some memory using the below steps:

1.When users upload files in File Manager within cPanel, File Manager creates a temp file that may or may not get removed upon upload. You can remove these files using this command:

rm -fv /home/*/tmp/Cpanel_*

2.Most of the server’s logs are stored in /var/log, which can get rather large on more populated servers. You can change the length of time and frequency of the log rotation in /etc/logrotate.conf, and enable compression to save additional space (at the expense of CPU when the logs are being gzipped). If you want older logs, consider creating a cron job to periodically transfer them to a backup or log server so they aren’t taking up space on your hosting server.

3.Cpanel and EasyApache updates tend to leave behind files that you probably don’t need. The following can be deleted or moved to a backup server to free up a little bit of space:

/usr/local/apache.backup*

/home/cpeasyapache

4.Yum updates leave package cache files on the server. You can clean up all unneeded yum files by running:

yum clean all

5.Check the /backup directory (as root) and delete older backups.

Regards,

5. Frenzio

Frenzio Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    can you give me some help on mounting to a new drive /home2

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You'd have to reach out to your hosting provider or data center for assistance with purchasing a new drive and mounting it as /home2. Once it's mounted as /home2, you can then use "WHM >> Rearrange an Account" to move existing accounts to the new partition to free up some space.

Thank you.