The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Space Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArtimisK, Dec 22, 2015.

1. ArtimisK

ArtimisK Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I have a linux vps with 40gb disk space. And it's almost full. I had the same website on another host and it has only 14GB now for only 1 month already 35 GB (35-14=20gb for only one month) HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE. Did I configure it something wrong.
    How to fix this issue.
    Is that error from php.ini file or something. If so how to remove the other GB that I don't need it.
    (Sorry for my english)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. ArtimisK

ArtimisK Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello How can I do that with what program to do that I tried to login with putty (I could not login never, i used root as username and my password but nothing). I couldnt do nothing.
    Can you be more specific please. I'ts really urgent.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you receive a specific error message? Do you access Web Host Manager as "root"? If so, you may want to try running a temporary instance of SSH to see if it allows you to access your server to investigate:

Code:
    https://IP:2087/cpsess12345678/scripts2/doautofixer?autofix=safesshrestart
    You would replace "IP" with the server's IP address and the session number with what's displayed in your address bar. Note that this is simply a temporary instance of SSH so you can login and determine what's wrong with the standard SSH service. Then, use the following guide to update your SSH configuration:

[Tutorial] Interested in increasing the security of your server? Read this. (sshd hardening)

Thank you.