The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Space Usage area display problem with Internet Explorer 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metro2, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would have submitted a bug report but that involves providing server / account credentials and a bunch of un-necessary form filling for a common non-account-specific issue, and besides, it's not really a bug with cPanel, but rather a new adaptation issue with cPanel UI and IE9.

Always growing pains with new browser releases....

If you log into cPanel with Internet Explorer 9 and click the Disk Space Usage icon, and then click the " + " sign next to the folders to digdown into contents, you'll end up with blank areas instead of folder results.

This can be worked around by enabling "copmpatibility mode" in IE9, but that's not a great solution because using that mode with certain other features of WHM produces unpredictable results, ending up in you having to switch back and forth between compat mode in IE9 depending on your task.

Yes, I know someone is going to say "just use FireFox" and yes I do have FF and Safari etc... but saying that and using those other browsers is not going to make Micro$oft IE9 go away for the still large market share.

Keeping up with new browser versions and how they work with our existing UI's is a pain for everyone, especially developers for software like cPanel, so I'm not complaining - just pointing this out.

Please don't shoot the messenger.