The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Space Usage - "Other Usage"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digitaldude, Jun 19, 2012.

1. digitaldude

digitaldude Member

Jun 17, 2011
    I have been using cPanel for quite some time now and have never encountered this strange anomaly.
    Every few weeks, Some hosting account's "Other Usage" starts increasing at a rate which can fill up his entire quota of 10GB over a couple of days. I have also seen the Other Usage space rising at approx. 10MB / minute.. at times.
    When I check the size of that user's home directory it is well below the one shown in his cPanel due to "Other Usage" and as far as I know other usage counts towards the files outside a user's home directory but owned by that user. I seem to have to run /scripts/fixquotas fairly regularly on my server to fix this quota problem.

Is this a known issue in cPanel? Please advise how I can go about resolving this issue.

Note: I'm using WHM 11.32.3 (build 19) CLOUDLINUX 5.8 x86_64 standard
    #1 digitaldude, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The following post explains how to determine the location of files owned by the username outside it's home directory:

Disk Space

Or, are you saying that every time you run "/scripts/fixquotas" the disk space usage is reduced back to a lower level?

Thank you.