disk usage and some other features does not work

aliayen

Registered
Sep 23, 2006
Hi, I installed CPanel yesterday and I logged on to WHM with my root username and password.

But when I click "Disk Usage Information" part of WHM I see following error message:

Software error:
Can't locate Tie/IxHash.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi) at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/parseform.pl line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/parseform.pl line 6.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Software error:
[Sat Sep 23 14:39:15 2006] diskusage.cgi: Can't locate Tie/IxHash.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi) at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/parseform.pl line 6.
[Sat Sep 23 14:39:15 2006] diskusage.cgi: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/parseform.pl line 6.
Compilation failed in require at ./cgi/diskusage.cgi line 12.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

And, I create a regular account from Account Functions part, I click "Create a New Account" link, I fill required information and CPanel says that "Account creation complete" but I cannot see that account on any screen such as "Terminate Account"

Thank you very much for your comments.

aliayen

Registered
Sep 23, 2006
I did not run initial quota setup before but did it now, but no changes, I still get that that error.

And I executed that script (I think that updates CPanel, I tried to update CPanel before I post this topic) and did not solve my case :(

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
You need to install that perl module that it is complaining about from cpan. Simplest way is to:

/scripts/perlinstaller --force Tie::IxHash

aliayen

Registered
Sep 23, 2006
hi chirpy,

your recommendation solved my disk usage graphing issue, thank you very much.

But I still cannot create accounts from WHM->Account Functions->Create New Account

I just fill-in Domain, UserName, Password and Contact Email fields. Then I click "create" and WHM says that the account has been created but when I try to list that account from Account Information -> List Accounts, it says that 0 accounts exists.

Do you think that may be a bug, or configuration issue?

Thank you very much.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when you create a user. It's possibly another missing perl module. Typically this one:

/scripts/perlinstaller --force Net::AIM