Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Disk usage display error after tranferring accounts to two disks

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by shuttler, Oct 6, 2018.

  1. shuttler

    shuttler Registered

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2018
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Bilbao
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello (and thanks in advance :)),

    I've been reading threads whole day and tried most of the recommendations given (remount, fixquota...), but not fixed my problem.

    My grep '' /etc/redhat-release /usr/local/cpanel/version /var/cpanel/envtype ; grep CPANEL= /etc/cpupdate.conf
    My problem:
    I transferred some accounts from old vps to new vps, to /home partition in /dev/sda1 (35Gb).
    And transferred some other accounts from old vps to new vps, to /mnt/sdb partition in /dev/sdb (11Gb).

    Everything was going ok, but suddenly (after renewing contrat with ovh), /mnt/sdb "disappeared" and CPanel Disk usage display showed /dev/sda1 increased to nearly 90% ... as if it was summing up the size of all accounts transfered to /dev/sda1 + /dev/sdb.
    We edited /etc/fstab adding the /dev/sdb line.

    Run ls on /mnt/sdb was only showing lost+found directory (empty)

    Thinking they were lost, we tried to transfer the accounts again to /mnt/sdb, but a notice showed saying usernames were conflicting with usernames on the local server.

    So, we terminated all the accounts previously transfered to /mnt/sdb on the new vps.
    Terminating them, didn't change CPanel Disk usage on /dev/sda1 which continued at nearly 90%
    Anyway we proceeded to transfer them all again to /mnt/sdb

    CPanel Disk usage shows correct size on /dev/sdb.
    But size on /dev/sda1 is still 90%

    Running df -h
    But running du -sh /*

    Running lsblk
    What am I missing??
     
  2. shuttler

    shuttler Registered

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2018
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Bilbao
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    SOLVED
    After much investigations I realized that "disappeared" /mnt/sdb must have been unmounted (dont-know-how-or-why) and even if files were "disappeared", they were summing up to Disk Usage, increasing /dev/sda1 to nearly 90% (when it should be 40%) and displaying incorrect size.

    Run
    /scripts/clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts
    and, there it was! Disk usage displaying correctly.
     
  3. cPanelLauren

    cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2017
    Messages:
    6,254
    Likes Received:
    479
    Trophy Points:
    233
    Location:
    Houston
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @shuttler

    I'm really happy to see you were able to identify the issue and resolve it. Thank you for updating here with the outcome as well.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Loading...

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice