The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Usage for POP accounts incorrect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Aug 24, 2005.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2002
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think this may be a bug or atleast an enhancement request. I will submit a bug report, but I wanted to get some other's opinions. I thought maybe there was a specific reason for this.

If you create a directory under /home/username/mail/domain/pop the mail or files in this directory are not counted when you use the Show Disk Space Used under the Add/Remove POP accounts in the user's control panel. However, this is calculated when calculating the quota of a specific POP account as applied to its specific quota.

For example.
    If I create a POP account, this will create the file structure /home/mydomainn/mail/ I set the quota for this POP account to 10MB. Now I create a directory, /home/mydomainn/mail/ and add 20MB of file, messages, whatever under that directory. When I go to check the Disk Space used, under Add/Remove POP Accounts, I will see 0MB being used. However if I try to send a message to, the message will get rejected because it is over its quota.

One thing I am not sure about, is that I don't know how you create actual folders/directories under a POP account. I know you can just create a directory through FTP or the File Manager, but is there also a way to do this via one of the Webmail suites?

Also it should be noted that if you use the Disk Usage link in the control panel (not the one under Add/Remove POP accounts), it will display the correct disk usage for the respective folder.

I have tried this on both Release and Current. Does anyone know if this issue still exists in Edge? Again, I will submit a bug report, but I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this problem or had any insight on the problem. Perhaps there is a reason for this working in this manner that I am not realizing.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    EDGE isn't much in advance of CURRENT and I haven't seen anything related to it in the changelog - sounds like a bug/oversight in the new mail quota regime.