The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk usage in main cPanel VS Disk usage Icon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XPerties, Apr 26, 2005.

1. XPerties

XPerties Well-Known Member

Has or does anyone have this issue:

Client logins to cPanel and on left hand side it shows Disk usage: xxxmb but when they click on the Disk usage icon it shows a larger number, for example around 1010mb.

Now I know I can run fixquotas and all the other fancy commands and it does fix the issue for the next 24-48 hours. But the client will have the same issue again in the next 3-5 days. This client will upload 200-300MB and then remove it and no matter what under the Disk usage icon it always shows the correct information BUT in the main cPanel on the left hand side it's always wrong......WHY?

Doesn't those stats get pulled form the same place Disk usage icon area gets them?

2. bassul

bassul Registered

Same question here, I encountered the problem today. du reports 50mb on one user's home, same as "Disk Usage" button, but Disk Usage displayed on the left is 30MB.

The explanation, in my opinion, is that quota is user-based, while in one user's home there can exist files uploaded via webserver - created with the user nobody.

I assume the files owned by "nobody" in somebody's home are not counted against the "Disk Usage" report on the main CPanel screen.

Does this mean a user uploading files via Apache can fill the disk with files owned by "nobody" without them being counted against user's quota ? :eek: Can somebody confirm this ?