The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disk usage warning (critical)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cabutler, Dec 19, 2005.

1. cabutler

cabutler Registered

I keep getting the message below. The link on my "welcome" email doesn't work, and I can't figure out how to do what the email asks. I just want to remove the files- they get forwarded so there's no need to store them. Help!!! :rolleyes:

The account with the username 'seetheo', is running out of disk space.
    Please remove some files from this account, or ask the administrator to increase your disk quota.
    You have currently used 90.37% of your disk space.

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

You didn't say what files you want to remove.

Easiest way to remove files is to FTP to your account and just delete the ones you don't need. Other than that, the best advice I can give is to ask your hosting provider your question.

3. cabutler

cabutler Registered

Ftp?

I don't understand the question about what I might want to remove. I thought it would be email messages that were piling up. I get mail on the site that is automatically forwarded to my outlook express.
    How do I FTP the site?? You're assuming I know a little. I'm just a user who has a site and got this message- I didn't set up the site and have no clue- sorry to sound so dumb...

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

In that case, you really ought to speak to your web hosting provider who are best placed to help you.

5. cabutler

cabutler Registered

I want to do that but I can't reach them . I thought this might be a way to do it, since I got to this thread through their help site. My host is website-hotel.com. Does that ring a bell? The sent the email to and from my own address, so there's no way to reply to them.

6. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

If you don't have an email address to contact them, you will need to go through their site to get in touch with them.

Cpanel is just software that many hosting companies use and these forums are for cpanel issues, not end user customer support. For questions like yours, your hosting provider is the one you need to talk to.

7. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    If emails are the case then you can remove them from the webmail, just by login at http://your_domain/webmail or https://IP_address:2096 , Deleting mails will remove mails from the server.

Please make sure that you enter the complete email address as username.

Also if you use Outlook then you shold use the options to delete mail after certian period of time, the options is available at Tools > Account > Select email > Properties > Advance Tab in your outlook.. this will solve the problem of mails eating all your disk space.