The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Usage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thnok, May 27, 2011.

1. thnok

thnok Registered

I have been getting emails saying I have exceeded my allowed disk space while I havent even used 75% of it. I contacted my host but he wont be able to do any thing at the moment cause he is away now. Is there a way to fix this issue? But being a customer?

Thanks

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello thnok,

Could you paste the full email contents you are getting for us to see what it says exactly?

Thanks!

3. thnok

thnok Registered

I think this screenshot might help you little more compared to the email. See the attached image.

It doesnt clearly show where the space is distributed.

Attached Files:

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The actual disk usage isn't what I'm wondering, I'm wondering what % level is triggering the email. Thus, it would be good to see the actual email being sent.

5. thnok

thnok Registered

100%. I am unable to do anything cause the disk space is full. That's why I asked you to look at the screen shot. The amount of disk space used isn't clearly displays. According to the screenshot the folder trinity... Uses close to 900MB while when I look at the individual files isn't correct.

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you will please provide the actual email contents just to confirm exactly what it says. I'm sorry, but in order to assist, I would like to see the actual email it is sending word for word. Otherwise, your hosting provider will need to be the ones to see what is causing this when they are available.

You could certainly remove some files otherwise. If you have any backups whatsoever in your /home/username partition, those can also put you over disk space used and do not always show up in the disk space usage tally itself, but they do show up in File Manager if a backup file exists. You should be able to remove files via FTP if you cannot using File Manager.

7. thnok

thnok Registered

If it helps here is the email. But something which was sent previously.
    If I could free up some space by deleting anything I would have done it. I read somewhere in the forum that there was a bug which is causing to show incorrect values. If you look at the screenshot you can notice that there is a difference of 400MB which isn't shown.

8. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I suggest connecting to this server via SSH and running the following command from within the "trinity" directory:

Code:
    # du -sh * .[a-zA-Z]*
    Look to see if the disk space usage matches what you see in cPanel, or if there are differences.

Thank you.