The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diskspace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eliasche, Feb 13, 2005.

1. eliasche

eliasche Member

Hello all,

i got a decidated server of 120 GB, and now it shows available 75 , after CPANEL is installed, and also site studio

is that correct?

thanks

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I can't comment on site studio since I don't know what this is!

However on my server, the OS (Fedora Core 2) + WHM/Cpanel and all the relevant apps take up about 2.5GB.

120GB probably refers to the capacity of the harddrive as specified by the manufacturer and you'd never get 120GB of data on it - this would just be the unformatted capacity. This still might not be 120 gigabytes in the precise sense and just 120 billion bytes, equal to approximately 109GB.

You're still not going to get the full capacity after formatting, so lets say that you get 105 GB after the drive has been formatted (it just a nice figure and I'm not sure how accurate it is). After the OS and WHM/Cpanel and everything has been installed, you might be looking at 102GB free space.

So unless site studio takes up roughly 25GB, then there's either something else on the server taking up a lot of space or something is not being reported correctly.

I hope this helps!

3. eliasche

eliasche Member

thanks a lot man