The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diskusage - again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ahostli, Feb 10, 2007.

1. ahostli

ahostli Active Member

OK. Forgive me for saying this but - cPanel/WHM disk usage reporting st*nks. It’s inaccurate, MySQL usage is separated from Quota usage and if you aren’t running phpSuexec - then your clients can have "unlimited" disk space.

I’ve wrote a little script to see the actual disk usage per user (the results were quite interesting - for example - one user ordered account with 500MB disk space and he was actually using ~1,5 GB (WHM displayed only 320MB):

Don’t laugh - I’m not a programmer ;)

I was wondering - could someone create a patch to cPanel/WHM, or at least x (x2) theme, to show actual disk usage (not quota usage)? OR - how can I display results (generated by previously mentioned script) on WHM and cPanel?

Sorry for my English ;)

2. ahostli

ahostli Active Member

OK done on cPanel. Now, can someone tell me where is WHM's Main >> Account Information >> List Accounts script is located?

Thank You in advance

3. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

I believe the 'list accounts' is located in the WHM binary so I don't think you'll be able to access it.

One alternative would be to write a PHP/Perl script using the cPanel accounting module and then use that list of accounts to run your disk usage script.

Since the du command requires traversing the directory structure, I'd suggest making this a cronjob which updates a database, rather than something that runs in WHM - it would be very slow checking every account.

4. ahostli

ahostli Active Member

Thanks. I think I do that. ;)