The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displaying the URL in full?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Kimpton, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Kimpton

Kimpton Registered

Hi All,

I’m new here, and have read through many posts, you all seem very helpful. I would be really grateful if anyone could answer a simple question for me.

I have been branding my resellers account so that the CPanel matches my main website so that my customers feel like they are still at my site when setting up their sites. Everything has gone really well, and for my first attempt, I’m really very pleased with the outcome.

I have one last niggling issue which I can’t seem to solve myself. I have moved the “display URL” command from the top right header bar to the centre of my new page so as to make it more prominent but its restricted to only displaying the first 15 characters of the domain followed by …..

You can see what I mean from my demo site: http://extendcp.com/demo.cgi?account=276002;

As you will see, the domain name for the demo is pleasurebay.co.uk but I only have “pleasurebay…..” being displayed. This happens on all of my domains.

I have used the command <a id='managing-domain-name'></a> to display this url.

Does anyone know what I need to write to display the whole url? My hosts claim its hardcoded into the CPanel code that the url is displayed like this if the domain name is longer than 15 characters and that I can’t change it.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

All the best,

2. Kimpton

Kimpton Registered

Well, not so hard.

Instead of using: <a id='managing-domain-name'></a>
    I should use this: <span class="domain-name-here"></span>

Solved,

Thanks anyway.