The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diverting :2082, :2083 and cpanel login pages to a custom login page is this possible

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by tomdorrian, Feb 10, 2011.

1. tomdorrian

tomdorrian Registered

Dec 14, 2010
    I have a question. I have created a remote login page for my website and want the users of the hosting services I provide to login through this web page and not or Is there a way of diverting, :2083 and to my remote login page so the user cannot view :2082, :2083 and cpanel?
  2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Diverting :2082, :2083 and cpanel login pages to a custom login page is this poss

Hi Tom,

I think the simple answer to you question is no. The long answer is maybe. The difference is based on what exactly you're trying to accomplish and what level of access you have to the cPanel system.

1) cPanel & WHM ports, AFAIK, can not be changed.
    2) I'm not super familiar with our Apache configuration, but a quick look seems to indicate that if you have root, you can redirect /cpanel to your own destination
    - in httpd.conf the default redirects are like so:
    ScriptAliasMatch ^/?cpanel/?$ /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/redirect.cgi
    - you should be able to overwrite this by placing your own value in "/usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_virtualhost_global.conf"
    - DO NOT modify httpd.conf directly as your changes will like be revered during cPanel updates
    - DO NOT modify redirect.cgi as your changes will like be revered during cPanel updates

3) The most common way to present a limited or custom cPanel interface for customers is to have a custom cPanel theme. In this respect, the customer will always be presented with the set of actions you offer. You'd need root to implement your own theme. Another way would be to create a cPanel or WHM plugin that has its own user list (or ties indirectly into cPanel authentication) -- your plugin works as an proxy application to the underlying cPanel features and enforces it's own ACL.

4) if you only have a cPanel account you're probably going to be limited by what your Hosting Provider provides you.

5) There are several threads around the same ideas that you mention, try searching around the forum and googling for similar answers Hosting Provider specific forum sites. A quick search yielded this one . It kinda goes off on a tangent, but the beginning touches on what you're asking. You may also want to look at our branding documentation which talks about custom themes and whatnot:

If I've missed the mark, let me and provide more specific details about the kinda of services you offer and what type of cPanel account/access you have (ie, 'it is a vps and you have root', 'have reseller', 'just a cPanel account', etc).