The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divide space for res

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bdraco, Feb 10, 2002.

1. bdraco

bdraco Guest

Please read
    http://support.cpanel.net/obb/read.php?TID=1480

If you feel that would like to see this feature, please vote for it.

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

If you'd like to beta test this, please email your phone number and the time you will be avalible to nick@cpanel.net ... US customers only .. sorry!

3. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

I give resellers a set limit and everyday I check to make sure their not over. My vote was a definite yes on this. I'd also BETA test it if needed. This would make life alot easier.

*EDIT* Removed email and phone. Going to email it.

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Thats a Yes from me. I would definatly love to see this feature added!

5. hedgehog

hedgehog Well-Known Member

A bandwidth limit is also a must...

Once each reseller's accounts are grouped on a single IP this should also be a piece of cake ; )

hedgy

6. AmityHosting

AmityHosting Member

how about..

it would be cool if u could create the same variables as when creating accounts, like max space, bandwith, email accuotns, subdomains and so forth. I dont know if it is easy or hard but if ure going to do one of them may aswell do it all :)

Edit - in the uk you cant get many ips so dont just do it so that resellers on there own ip as in many cases they are not

7. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

Yes! This is absolutely essential to us. I actually thought this was part of the built in functionality of this product. Basically we need to be able to allocate disk space and bandwidth on the reseller level, so that resellers can then host however many domains as they wish within those quotas.

8. Timothy

Timothy Member

I would love to see this and it would make things much easier for us.

9. indiboi

indiboi Well-Known Member

yes only contingent on it being COMPLETELY optional.

10. bdraco

bdraco Guest

You should now be able to do this in build #61.

Edit Resllers-&Edit Reseller Privs-&Limit Accounts user can create by Resource Usage.

Please note that this feature is new. Its not tested as much as I'd like, but someone really needs it right now and the from yesterday's beta test everything looks good. In light of this its not going to appear in WHM news until I get some more feedback on it.

11. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Before I go ahead and change my resellers to this I just want to get the OK that it will work. I don't want to screw up my resellers.

12. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Nick I'm pretty sure the way we wanted this was so they didn't need packages. Atleast that's what I was thinking. Say we give them 500mb of space and 2gb of bandwidth. I was thinking they can use that and create any plans they want. Not only the plans that are on the box already. Most of my resellers create custom plans based on their clients needs. When I tried to create a custom plan it denied me due to the account not having access to the plans. But in fact I think we were wanting it so that they can create their own plans on a as needed basis. For example

If they wanted a 100mb and 500mb transfer account they could create it themselves.

This would then deduct from their available resources.

What would be better is if they can create as many accounts as they want. By this I mean they may give one client 50mb of space but he may really only use 5mb. That leaves 45mb of space wide open that the reseller could still be using. Having this in real time would be awesome. Another thing that would be nice is to have a section where root can see all the resellers usage. This would make life alot easier. Thanks Nick

13. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Found a bug. I gave a reseller access to some plans. One plan uses 200mb of bandwidth. The reseller account was only allowed 100mb of bandwidth. At first when I left it at 2000mb it denied me. So I figured to try the same plan but just change the bandwidth to 100mb manually. Well I did that and it created the account. But it gave the account the 2gb of bandwidth.

Bandwidth 100 Megabytes 2000 -1900

As you can see it let me create it.

14. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Found another thing. Sorry for posting it here but I just want to let other people know also. I will be submitting it to bigzilla once I see there isn't any more problems. But anyways here is the problem.

For my old resellers I went and set them up with the new options. Well I logged into their reseller account and it isn't right. It doesn't take the old accounts and put them into the usage stats.

Resource Max Allowed Used Remaining
    Disk Space 2000 Megabytes 0 2000
    Bandwidth unlimited Megabytes 0 0

This could be deemed a problem since their old accounts are not included. Thanks alot.

15. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:92ac99436f][i:92ac99436f]Originally posted by awsol[/i:92ac99436f]

Nick I'm pretty sure the way we wanted this was so they didn't need packages. Atleast that's what I was thinking. Say we give them 500mb of space and 2gb of bandwidth. I was thinking they can use that and create any plans they want. Not only the plans that are on the box already. Most of my resellers create custom plans based on their clients needs. When I tried to create a custom plan it denied me due to the account not having access to the plans. But in fact I think we were wanting it so that they can create their own plans on a as needed basis. For example

If they wanted a 100mb and 500mb transfer account they could create it themselves.

What would be better is if they can create as many accounts as they want. By this I mean they may give one client 50mb of space but he may really only use 5mb. That leaves 45mb of space wide open that the reseller could still be using. Having this in real time would be awesome. Another thing that would be nice is to have a section where root can see all the resellers usage. This would make life alot easier. Thanks Nick[/quote:92ac99436f]

Is this what everyone wants ?

16. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:98a26aa3a2][i:98a26aa3a2]Originally posted by awsol[/i:98a26aa3a2]

Found a bug. I gave a reseller access to some plans. One plan uses 200mb of bandwidth. The reseller account was only allowed 100mb of bandwidth. At first when I left it at 2000mb it denied me. So I figured to try the same plan but just change the bandwidth to 100mb manually. Well I did that and it created the account. But it gave the account the 2gb of bandwidth.

Bandwidth 100 Megabytes 2000 -1900

As you can see it let me create it. [/quote:98a26aa3a2]

Don't give them the edit-account priv ....

17. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

It was in create an account. Not edit. I simply clicked the plan and edited the bandwidth. It allowed it to go through.

18. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:dd8f51738a][i:dd8f51738a]Originally posted by awsol[/i:dd8f51738a]

It was in create an account. Not edit. I simply clicked the plan and edited the bandwidth. It allowed it to go through.[/quote:dd8f51738a]

Edit them in the resellers area uncheck the box:

Account Modification

I've added the below warning in the latest build
    Account Modification (warning: this will allow circumvention of account creation limits)

19. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:4025e79c51][i:4025e79c51]Originally posted by awsol[/i:4025e79c51]

What would be better is if they can create as many accounts as they want. By this I mean they may give one client 50mb of space but he may really only use 5mb. That leaves 45mb of space wide open that the reseller could still be using. Having this in real time would be awesome. Another thing that would be nice is to have a section where root can see all the resellers usage. This would make life alot easier. Thanks Nick[/quote:4025e79c51]

The more I think about it. I think allowing the reseller to create a package would be a better idea as you wouldn't have to deal with lots of &unpackaged& accounts floating around. Let me know if you think this is a better idea...

20. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:7623c5dcde][i:7623c5dcde]Originally posted by bdraco[/i:7623c5dcde]
    The more I think about it. I think allowing the reseller to create a package would be a better idea as you wouldn't have to deal with lots of &unpackaged& accounts floating around. Let me know if you think this is a better idea...[/quote:7623c5dcde]

Could you give us both options to choose from?

Bandwidth + HD + Pre-defined package limits (the current state)

OR

Bandwidth + HD limits & Resellers create their own packages

That would make 4 resource limit options.

Your high-speed work rate is much appreciated. :)