DKIM enabled by default not working

diesel12

Dec 14, 2007
Hiya,

I have enabled "Enable DKIM on domains for newly created accounts" in Tweak Settings but when new accounts are created, say by WHMCS or other billing software, we're not seeing DKIM enabled by default ... Is there something we're missing or another step we need to take so that all new accounts have DKIM enabled by default? Thanks!

diesel12

Dec 14, 2007
It turns out the script we created (forgot about it) had a path that needed to be updated as they changed in latest version of cpanel .... which was the issue.

upsforum

Jul 27, 2005
I use DNS cpanel with WHMCS and in exim I set DKIM and SPF creation for default of new accounts but I have same problem, new accounts don't enabled dkim and spf records

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Same here trying to get this one right aswell - not working either
Is this happening with WHMCS, or do you encounter this issue when creating accounts directly in Web Host Manager. You may need to update to the latest version of WHMCS, or consult with their support at WHMCS - Get Support to determine why the DKIM record is not added successfully with that application.

Thank you.

screege

Aug 11, 2004
I have both options checked under whm, it is the same for me creating new accounts thru whm or thru whmcs is not enabling dkim and spf records on new accounts, any advice?

Regards

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I have both options checked under whm, it is the same for me creating new accounts thru whm or thru whmcs is not enabling dkim and spf records on new accounts, any advice?

Regards
Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature. Let us know the ticket number so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The poster never updated the thread with a ticket, and I don't see any tickets open about the issue. Feel free to open a ticket and let us know the ticket number if you are experiencing the issue when creating the accounts directly through WHM.

Thank you.

upsforum

Jul 27, 2005
I blog guide learn of create a file name /scripts/postwwwacct

and paste this code

#!/usr/bin/perl

my %OPTS = @ARGV;
$ENV{USER} = "$OPTS{'user'}";
system q(/usr/local/cpanel/bin/dkim_keys_installer $USER);
system q(/usr/local/cpanel/bin/spf_installer $USER);

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
You can already enable the following options when creating a new account without having to use a post account creation hook:

Enable DKIM on this account
Enable SPF on this account
Do you mean you are using a custom application to create the accounts instead of WHM?

Thank you.

upsforum

Jul 27, 2005
the problem is with WHMCS api, it not set DKIM and SPF when create a new account although "DKIM/SPF on this account" is enabled on WHM

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
This would be something that you should contact the WHMCS support team about. They may have specific instructions on how to implement those options during account creation instead of using the installer scripts.

Thank you.