Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DKIM for main server hostname II

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Yasser Masood, Jun 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yasser Masood

Yasser Masood Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to apply the workaround given here:

DKIM for main server hostname

Is this still valid? I get the following when run:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/dkim_keys_install nobody

warn [dkim_keys_install] Cpanel::DnsUtils::Install::Processor::_add_error: There is no zone file on this system that can contain “default._domainkey.server1.domain.com.”.

Cpanel::DnsUtils::Install::Processor:564: There is no zone file on this system that can contain “default._domainkey.server1.domain.com.”. at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dkim_keys_install line 30.

There is a zone file for the hostname server1.domain.com and I can edit it via WHM.

The file /var/cpanel/users/nobody also exists with the required entry (there are several other entries there as well):

DNS=server1.domain.com

Also, do we really need a DKIM key for the server hostname?

Thank you!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Yasser Masood,

A DKIM key for the server's hostname isn't required, but it's been setup manually in the past by server administrators seeking to ensure the root notifications sent out from cPanel servers to remote email addresses pass DKIM verification tests.

The method you are using generate and install the DKIM key for the server's hostname (/usr/local/cpanel/bin/dkim_keys_install nobody) no longer works as of cPanel & WHM version 70. If you need a key for the server's hostname, there's another workaround you can follow at:

Generate 1024-bit DKIM keys

I encourage you to vote for the following feature request if you'd like to see an option to configure SMTP authentication for the root notifications:

Send cPanel Notifications via Authenticated SMTP Connection

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...