DKIM Issue with Google Only?

Bashed

Dec 18, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Emails going to customers always (virtually all the time) end up in spam folders for my company's domain. cPanel says all these are valid: SPF, DKIM, DMARC, PTR. Has been for years.

Yet, this Google tool says otherwise.

Then I'll do a "default" DKIM lookup on 2 other sites:

DKIM validates perfectly fine. Any ideas how to fix this Gmail issue? Seems like it's a problem for most companies out there. There spam filters is too aggressive and faulty.

Attachments

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't profess to know the answer, but could the IP associated with the Google checker tool be blocked in your firewall ?
Maybe it's having issues checking your DNS.

Just a thought.

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I came back to this, and spotted your screen shot, so I ran the checker against amazon.com and got the same results.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This tool is not properly checking DKIM keys, it's also noting failures on SPF, MX and NS records that are invalid. Ultimately it appears to be geared for domains that are using Google's GSuite. If you're not using their service I would suggest using a different tool.

The best way to check how Gmail see's your email SPF, DKIM etc. records is to send an email from your server to a Gmail account that you manage, then look at the headers. They're very descriptive on what passes /fails.

The process to view the email headers from the message in Gmail is as follows:

- From the right hand side of the message go to the 3 dots
- Click Show Original
- This will open a new window where you'll see their status on SPF DKIM and DMARC (if they exist)