The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DKIM only signing from webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by RWH Tech, Oct 28, 2015.

1. RWH Tech

RWH Tech Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've finally got some headway made on this issue, but now I'm more puzzled than ever.
    I was never able to get DKIM to sign my outgoing mail, even though it's a "turn on and forget it" thing.
    I was testing a customer's account after switching her to her own outgoing mail IP, and noticed that the message was signed. It was sent via webmail.

Lo and behold, when I send mail from my account using webmail, it gets signed, but when I use Thunderbird to send the mail, it does not get signed.

I'm at a loss at how to proceed. I want DKIM and DMARC working, but I'm not willing to switch to webmail to accomplish this.

2. RWH Tech

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, here's the deal:
    WHM will not sign outgoing DKIM e-mails when the domain contains uppercase letters, so, User@domain.com will sign, but User@Domain.com will not sign.

This can't possibly be by design, unless it's designed to have people pull their hair out, as I almost did.
    Can I get some feedback from WHM on this?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You should not be able to create domain names with capital letters. Do you mean that you entered a capital letter when configuring the email address name in your email client?

Thank you.

4. RWH Tech

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yup, it's on the email client. Seems like a touchy thing, to have to remind people not to use caps after the @ or DKIM won't work.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Internal case CPANEL-1572 is open to see if there's anything we can do on the server-end to address this issue. There's currently no time frame for a resolution, and the current workaround is to modify the email address in the email client so that it uses lowercase letters.

Thank you.

RWH Tech likes this.