kevinf2594

Registered
Apr 17, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have problems setting the dmarc i'm using this format

"v=DMARC1; p= quarantine; rua=mailto:[email protected]"

but when i test it the dmarc does not appear in the original message in gmail.

is it a problem with the format of the dmarc i'm using ?

jimlongo

Mar 20, 2008
After some experimenting I found that in the WHM DNS Zone Editor you need to set the domain to _dmarc the RR to TXT and input the dmarc record something like (without escaping any ; or @)
Code:
"v=DMARC1;p=none;pct=100;rua=mailto:[email protected];ruf=mailto:[email protected]"

To test you have the proper structure you can check with

$ dig +short txt _dmarc.mydomain.com
should return
Code:
"v=DMARC1\;p=none\;pct=100\;rua=mailto:[email protected]\;ruf=mailto:[email protected]"
or

$ nslookup
> set type = TXT
> _dmarc.mydomain.com

will return something like
Code:
_dmarc.mydomain.com	text ="v=DMARC1\;p=none\;pct=100\;rua=mailto:[email protected]\;ruf=mailto:[email protected]"
Read the documentation at this page

nootkan

Oct 25, 2006
After some experimenting I found that in the WHM DNS Zone Editor you need to set the domain to _dmarc the RR to TXT and input the dmarc record something like (without escaping any ; or @)
Code:
"v=DMARC1;p=none;pct=100;rua=mailto:[email protected];ruf=mailto:[email protected]"

To test you have the proper structure you can check with

$ dig +short txt _dmarc.mydomain.com
should return
Code:
"v=DMARC1\;p=none\;pct=100\;rua=mailto:[email protected]\;ruf=mailto:[email protected]"
or

$ nslookup
> set type = TXT
> _dmarc.mydomain.com

will return something like
Code:
_dmarc.mydomain.com    text ="v=DMARC1\;p=none\;pct=100\;rua=mailto:[email protected]\;ruf=mailto:[email protected]"
Read the documentation at this page
I found this http://www.inmotionhosting.com/supportemail/fighting-spam/dmarc-setup tutorial where it says to use this in the text field: "v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; sp=none; ruf=mailto:[email protected]; rf=afrf; pct=100; ri=86400" which is different than the one you used. How do I know which is right for my domain/server?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Reactions: nootkan