SOLVED DMARC record not found after adding in cPanel

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
I added a DMARC record using the Zone Editor and clicking the Add Record button (dropdown) -> Add DMARC Record. After adding, I could successfully run MXToolbox and see the record. I then selected "All" for the filter and searched the page (using my browser search: CTRL+F) for "dmarc" but it couldn't locate the DMARC record. I could find "NS" using the same method so the browser search was searching correctly in the browser to find other records, but no "dmarc" instances.

Yet, if I use the cPanel Search box to search for "DMARC", it brings up the "_dmarc" record that I added. I'm convinced it was added properly, but wondering why it's not appearing along with the list of other records.

Additionally, I already have a valid TXT SPF record, but can't find that either scrolling through the list, using CTRL+F, or using the Search box to filter for "spf". But MXToolbox and other DNS lookups find the record properly. This appears to be hidden even more than the DMARC record since I can't even find it using the cPanel Search box.

Is there some reason for the way the DNS editor works with regard to SPF and DMARC records and not showing these records?

Thanks

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
Thanks for this tip -- I checked the package used by this account and then looked at the feature list for that package, but both "Zone Editor" boxes are already checked.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for checking that - I'm not aware of anything else that would be keeping specific records from showing to the cPanel user. The next place I would check would be the main cPanel error log at /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log while you load the page.

If you don't see anything there, it might be a good idea to submit a ticket with our team so we can check this directly on your system. If you do end up submitting a ticket, please post the number here so I can follow along.

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
Thanks. I loaded the Zone Editor page, but error_log was not updated after loading it, so no apparent errors were produced.
I opened a cPanel ticket: #94367921 for this question.

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
Solved -- There were more than 100 DNS records to display and the page shows 100 at a time. I wasn't advancing to the next page of records which is where the DMARC record was displayed.