The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS/Cache FLUSH Question

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ayezee33, May 6, 2014.

1. ayezee33

ayezee33 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Mods feel free to move this, I didn't see an appropriate listing for this so picked one with high traffic hoping to get this answered. Here is my dilemma.

I am trying to flush the cache on my server for a client's website. The website currently being displayed is the old one in which I don't even have the files for. I just switched DNS yesterday and they are resolving to my IP.

I logged into my shell with the same credentials I log into cPanel with, once here I ran rndc flush and received

-jailshell: rndc: command not found.

Any suggestions as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    When visitors go to your website, their ISP (or whatever caching nameservers they use) do the DNS caching, so there's little you can do to speed up the propagation. To flush the cache on your nameserver though, you can simply just restart named. Again though, this isn't going to affect what others see unless they specifically use your nameserver as a caching nameserver, which is highly unlikely.

If the website resolves to the correct IP, the problem is most likely with your browser cache. In which case, clear it and you should be good.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It looks like you do not have root access to the server. However, you could try clearing the browser and DNS cache on your own computer using the instructions from this document:

How To Clear Your DNS Cache

Thank you.