The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS can't resolve mail.domain for only one domain

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by rporto, Jul 20, 2012.

1. rporto

rporto Member

Hi, guys, I've searched this forum and Google for this issue without success. Please forgive me if someone already posted something similar. I use WHM/CPanel for several years but I'm not a heavy user so, please be patient.

I have a server that has ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com and is clustering with another server that has ns3.mydomain.com and ns4.mydomain.com.

In both servers, I have several accounts but one of the accounts in the first server (and only this specific account) can't have mail.account.com resolved. Every other subdomains work perfectly and, for the other accounts in the same server, their mail. subdomains work normally.

Apparently, everything is ok in the DNS zone, which is a fairly standard zone. I even did a zone reset, trying to solve the issue, but nothing changed.

I'm completely baffled. I would appreciate your advice to point me the way.

Cheers,
    Ricardo

2. rporto

rporto Member

Well, mystery solved.

I found a cpanel account named mail.domain.com concurrently with the account domain.com. I still have no idea how that happened, so I'll browse throughout the logs for the weekend. The fact is that, when I terminated the mail.domain.com account, the alias mail in the domain.com account started to be resolved by DNS.

Cheers,
    Ricardo